Ok, ok, maybe we won’t go back that far. Instead, let me welcome you to my little corner of the web and tell you what you’ll find here. The subtitle on the blog header pretty much sums it up; the primary topic of this blog is “Dancing My Way to a Healthy Me!" So you’ll find me blogging mostly about:
- loosing weight,
- and me!
I hope to have some things here that people will find interesting, fun, and informative, but this blog is at its core a personal story about one guy’s journey to a healthier lifestyle. And since this is “my story” I’m sure all kinds of tidbits about “my life” will show up in the blog. Who knows, maybe I’ll be noticed, the blog will go viral, I’ll be offered a book deal and a speaking contract and I’ll end up with a show on Oprah’s new cable channel. Woo Hoo! So now you know all there is to know about… Huh? Did you say something? Oh… ….Hmmmm…. Do I hear grumbling from the masses (all two of you who are actually reading my blog?) Ok, ok, here is some basic info you should know about me. In no particular order:
- I dance. I love to dance. I am a dancer.
- I teach line dance. (Just started teaching this year! Go Team Tony!)
- I am a seven time UCWDC World Champion (Country Western Dance)
- I compete in Country Western Dance in several circuits: … UCWDC in Division II Couples (Intermediate), Intermediate Pro-Am, and Advanced Line Dance … IAGLCWDC in Advanced Line; I used to compete in Couples and got as high as Intermediate before stopping couples. I also competed once in Novice Pro-Am. …. ACDA in Advanced Line, Intermediate Pro-Am, and Division II Couples (Intermediate) although I only did one ACDA event this year. … and occasionally IGRA although it has been a few years since my last IGRA contest.
- I’m a librarian.
- I like cats, but can’t have one because my best friend and roommate is allergic to them. *sigh*
- I love chocolate.
- I’m a native Texan.
- I live in Dallas in “Uptown/Oaklawn” which is just north of downtown.
- I drive a beat up pick up truck.
- I’m in my late 40s
- I’m gay. I’m open about it and since this blog deals with “me,” I’ll probably say something from time to time about being gay in connection to my journey to a healthy me. So… if you have no issues with gay folks then awesome, and “Welcome to my blog!” … If you don’t know any gay folks, you’re curious, and you want to stick around, that’s awesome; “Welcome to my blog!” You’ll learn that gay folks are “just not that different” from “straight folks” except that we’re attracted to and fall in love with the same sex. … However, if every time you hear the word “gay,” your hair stands on end and your face turns purple, you have two choices: Option #1 — ignore the fact that I’m gay and allow your eyes to gloss over any mention of it; just allow your mind to go numb whenever I inevitably mention my “gayness” in this blog and enjoy all the other stuff that will be here. Option #2 — if your issues about the fact that there have always been, and always will be, gay folks in the world are insurmountable, then I suggest that you go try this website instead of mine. ‘Nuf said. :-)
So, now you know a little about me, welcome, and read on… …and I”ll "See you on the dance floor! ” :-)